Hello fellow bloggers! The other day I was nominated by this great kid, Thelonelylion1603, for the Blogger Recognition Award. (Surprising as it is since I just write about thoughts I find in my cluttered brain)
Apparently there are rules for this and even though I like to be a rebel sometimes I will settle down long enough to abide by them. Here they are:
- Write a post to show your award
- Tag the blogger who nominated you
- Write a brief story on how you started blogging
- List two pieces of advice
- Nominate 5 bloggers
Well, I’m pretty sure I’ve followed numbers 1 and 2 so I guess I might as well continue to follow the rules.
Once upon a time there was a 24 year old woman, named Ciara, who wanted to follow a dream she had since she was a little girl. She started following that dream, after graduating from college, by applying for the Peace Corps. After many months of waiting she finally found out that she was accepted and could begin her medical clearance process. During this time in her life she wanted to be able to write about her experience with the application, interview, and acceptance process of the Peace Corps. She knew she didn’t want to write in a journal because well, that just hadn’t worked for her before. Some how she found this magical land called WordPress, where for no money she could have her own little journal of deranged thoughts on the internet. She wrote a couple of posts about the process and then dropped out of the magical land of WordPress for more than a couple months. One day she went back to the magical land and found out that she had more thoughts, stuck in her head, to write about besides the Peace Corps. One thing led to another and she eventually started writing posts about a hodgepodge of different subjects that would randomly fly through her head during the day. Some how it all came together into her own blog that people actually read which, was a surprise to her. This story isn’t over yet and might never be over. Why? Because things in the magical land of WordPress never disappear.
I’m probably one of the worst people to come to for advice because I’m usually just like “JUST DOOO ITT” but, I’ll try to give some quick sound advice.
Ok…well after writing two lengthy paragraphs of advice I realized it was supposed to be advice about blogging. Cue eye roll and le sigh. It was easier writing general life advice than it will be blogging advice but, here we go.
Piece of advice numero uno…. let’s see…I’d say be yourself and write about something you are passionate about. If you don’t care about whatever subject you are writing about then the lack of passion is going to show. I’m pretty sure it shows in the very informational first posts I wrote about the Peace Corps. Don’t get me wrong it’s a subject I’m passionate about but, informational writing just isn’t for me and it shows. I write the way I think basically and it seems to be working for me so far. At least I think so…if it isn’t don’t burst my bubble haha
Piece of advice numero dos….interact with other bloggers and don’t worry about your stats. What does it matter if you have 1,000 followers? If most of them don’t read your blog and don’t care about what you are writing about what’s the point? I’d rather have quality and not quantity. Meaning I’d rather have a fewer number of followers who actually read my blog then a huge number with no one actually reading it. The second part of this advice is the interacting with other bloggers. It helps you to meet new bloggers, see the way they do something, and find blogs about things that really interest you.
I know I’m horrible at blogging advice but hey those were the rules.
Now for the nominations…I’ve met a lot of really interesting bloggers who have writing styles 10x better than me and whose blogs are waayyyyy more organized in thought. Go check them out.
1. Ivy with her blog–Finding Ikigai My favorite thing about her blog is her Sunday Stories. She collaborates with other bloggers to write a Sunday Story about them. She asks for your favorite quote and then asks questions that pertain to your life and the quote. Go find out what Ikigai means and read a Sunday Story. I even did one with her.
2. Phe with her blog–Life of Bee Life of Me My favorite thing about her blog is her ability to combine art, every day life and real life problems together in a captivating way. She has also done a Sunday Story with Ivy that is very intriguing.
3. The blog Loud Thoughts Voiced Out who can connect and hook you in the first paragraph of a post. Her most recent post “To the Girl in her Mid-20’s” perfectly describe what it’s like being in your mid-20’s but there is also a lot of other subjects on the blog. From book reviews to photos go check out what thoughts they’re voicing out loud.
4. The blog Ed Lehming Photography I personally love photography and wish I could be as good as Ed. I’m still working on it. If you enjoy photography too then go check out his works. Not only does he have photos but he writes about the photo making it even more interesting. He also puts his equipment information down. You can also buy his prints if you would like. So photo fiends go check him out.
5. The blog Bulldog Travels which is another great photo blog. Not only is there wonderful photos to look at but you also get to here about travels to different places. If you love photography and travels then this is the blog for you.
Ok whew…I followed the rules the post ended up being wayyyy long hope you guys read all of this. Now I can go back to being a rebel and not following rules.
Happy Friday Bloggers (psstt don’t forget another Sundaze with Ciara is coming soon and I’m road tripping to get to this one)